There are many myths about cockroaches like their ability to eat anything and survive a nuclear explosion. Now most of these beliefs are just simply exaggerated facts. It is true that cockroaches are highly resilient creatures who, when necessary, can survive by eating glue or finger nail clippings but scientists all agree that cockroaches surely will die in the event of a nuclear explosion. Now let’s get to biggest question of all…. Are cockroaches bad for your health?
Cockroaches can be detrimental to your wellbeing and are a huge health concern. Scary right! Now don’t panic, if you believe you have a roach infestation we are experts in pest removal and can quickly and safely clear your home of any unwanted cockroaches. So let’s breakdown exactly how roaches can impede on your health:
- Are you suffering from skin rashes, constant sneezing, and watery eyes? These can all be signs that you’re allergic to the saliva secretion and body parts of cockroaches in the area.
- When roaches crawl all over your food and nibble on your meal they also leave behind their dead skin, hair particles, deposit empty egg shells, and feces.
- Food contamination is a huge problem, especially in the instances when cockroaches leave traces of their regurgitated saliva and digestive fluids from their gut onto your food while they are feeding. Why is this so dangerous? Well a bacterium known as Pseudomonas aeruginosahas been known to multiply rapidly in the gut of these roaches, causing several diseases for humans such as urinary tract infections, digestive issues, and even sepsis.
- Cockroaches are also hosts for Salmonella which can lead to food poisoning and typhoid. If you own a restaurant and lots of your clients have been complaining about food poisoning a cockroach infestation could be the cause! Give us a call today and one of our cockroach experts will create the best plan for getting rid of cockroaches in your restaurant.
- Last, but definitely not least, is this health concern that cockroaches not only invade your home but they can also enter your body by crawling into your ear and nose while you’re sleeping!
Now that we’ve determined that cockroaches are terrible for your health and dangerous to have in your home, business, or restaurant how do you prevent cockroaches from invading?
· Keep your space clean and free of hidden crumbs and food particles.
· Seal your home of any open cracks, holes, or crevasses. They love small spaces!
· Avoid stacking old newspapers, books, or magazines.
· Always put your food away and remember to clean out your refrigerator and cupboards.
What is the best way to get rid of cockroaches? Call Titan Pest Control today! As the top rated roach exterminator in New Jersey we have the skills, tools, and experience to quickly fix your bug problem.